Last updated on Apr 4th, 2023 at 04:17 pm
With the evolution of Smartphones, a mobile-friendly website is not just a want, it’s a must! If your website lacks resolution and compatibility with your visitor’s mobile devices, you’re in trouble of losing some potential leads.
It is also impractical to consider that the same website version on a PC, where resolutions are much higher, will be equally responsive to a smaller touchscreen device! That being said, over the years many themes have adapted to become responsive to various screen resolutions.
People are constantly on their smartphones. Whether it is to order a pizza, make payments online, browse the web, or go on an online shopping spree – mobile devices are the new generation of Internet medium!
Does this mean, you have to accept the result of losing visitors eventually? The answer is NO! Modern web development is here to save the day.
Let’s dive a bit deeper to learn more about a responsive website.
What is a Responsive Website?
A responsive web design is a strategy that implies that the design and development of a website should automatically respond to the user’s environment, depending on screen size, orientation, and platform.
In much simpler words, if I am opening an e-commerce store on my laptop, every tab and menu will appear in a much more elaborated format. Once I switch to my smaller, mobile device, the e-commerce store will change its resolution, and the tabs will appear in a more compact manner. This makes it possible to navigate every page of the website on any device.
Imagine viewing a desktop version of an e-commerce store on your mobile device, as the tabs become smaller for the user, it will require constant zooming in and out! This will eventually decrease your visitor rate and increase your bounce rate.
What are the Features of Responsive Website?
The idea here is not to create a custom website for each platform (it will be unrealistic in this constantly evolving tech world), but to create one website that fits all sizes!
This does not involve any use of sensors or artificial intelligence; instead, it uses abstract thinking to generate fluid layouts, scripts, and markup.
Don’t limit your thinking to screen resolutions only, as a mobile-friendly responsive website changes itself into a new design on every platform.
Here are some features of a responsive website design:
- Universal adaptation is used to provide the same user experience, without depending on the screen sizes. These features aim
towards making a site adjust independently, based on the device and its screen resolution.
- Support for all browsers is important to ensure greater compatibility of the site on every platform.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) along with responsiveness greatly impacts your visibility on the web.
- A user-friendly website is the biggest feature of a responsive website. Our ultimate goal here is to make the transition from one platform to another seamless for every user.
What is a Mobile-Friendly Website?
A mobile-friendly website is the mobile view version of your regular site. It limits the drop-down menus and has no flash animation. A mobile-friendly website will be the same as your desktop site but with fewer features.
Search engines like Google constantly demand websites to become user-friendly for mobile visitors. A mobile-friendly website alone is not the answer. There are a few more steps into what makes a website responsive on mobile devices.
Combining the power of mobile-friendliness and responsiveness is the key!
What is a Mobile Friendly, Responsive Website?
A mobile-friendly website that is optimized for mobile users is a far more advanced version of your regular website. Your website will be reformatted and will get unique navigation and images, to make it more user-friendly on every platform.
This will eliminate the disadvantages of a non-mobile-friendly website, where the drop-down menus and other functions are limited, and will replace them with new features that will automatically change for every platform.
When responsiveness is included in a website design, the real part of development comes into action. The site becomes flexible for all platforms, and it adjusts itself seamlessly, depending upon the screen size and platform.
What are the Benefits of a Mobile Friendly Website?
There is no doubt that a website that is mobile-friendly and responsive has a better chance of surviving the competition. An older, basic website that is hard to view on smaller screens will get higher bounce rates as users get frustrated and leave.
Here are a few of the benefits of a responsive and mobile-friendly website:
- The features will become “thumb” friendly and the graphics will be reduced, without disrupting the important information.
- It avoids making users type a keyword, unless absolutely necessary.
- It also gives the option of viewing the desktop version – best of both worlds!
- The user experience will be improved, which means you will get more chances to get customers from every platform available.
- Your bounce rate will reduce, as visitors can surf your site on any platform.
- The website’s load speed is faster on mobile devices, which will create more interest among your visitors.
- The SEO element of your website will improve greatly, and you’ll get more visibility on the web.
Believe it or not, the world is changing, and to succeed in your market, you will have to reach your customers where they are available the most – mobile phones! Consider changing your website into a more responsive and compatible version. Take every opportunity to convert a lead into a permanent customer.
Are you ready for a revamp of your website? Contact us to help you get your website modernized and mobile-friendly.