With the evolution of Smartphones, everyone today wants a mobile friendly website. If your website lacks resolution and compatibility with your visitor’s mobile devices, you’re in trouble of losing some potential leads.
It is also impractical to consider that the same
website version on a PC where resolutions are much higher will be equally responsive to a smaller touchscreen device!
People are constantly on their smartphones. Whether it is to order a pizza or making big payments online – mobile devices is the new generation Internet medium!
Does this mean, you have to accept the result of losing visitors eventually? The answer in web development is NO!
Let’s understand more about a responsive website.
What is Responsive Website?
A responsive web design is a strategy that implies that design and development of a website should automatically respond to user’s environment, depending on screen size, orientation, and platform.
In much simpler words, if I am opening an e-commerce store on my laptop, every tab and menu will appear in a much more elaborated format. Once I switch to my smaller, mobile device, the e-commerce store will change its resolution, and the tabs will appear in a more compact manner.
Image viewing a desktop e-commerce store on your mobile device, as the tabs will become smaller for the user, and it will require constant zoom in and zoom out! This will eventually decrease your visitor rate and increase your bounce rate.
What are the Features of Responsive Website?
The idea here is not to create a custom website for each platform (it will be unrealistic in this constantly evolving tech world), but to create one website that fits all sizes!
This does not involve any use of sensors or artificial intelligence; instead, it uses the abstract thinking to generate fluid layouts, scripts, and markup.
Don’t limit your thinking to screen resolutions only, as mobile friendly responsive website changes itself into a new design on every platform.
Following are the features of a responsive website design:
- Universal adaptation is used to provide the same user experience, without depending on the screen sizes. These features aim
towards making a site adjust independently, based on the device and its screen resolution.
- Support for all browsers is important to ensure greater compatibility of the site on every platform.
- Search Engine Optimized website along with responsiveness greatly impacts your visibility on the web.
- User-friendly website is the biggest feature of a responsive Internet site. Our ultimate goal here is to make the transition from one platform to another for a user, seamless.
What is Mobile Friendly Website?
A mobile friendly website is the smaller version of your regular site. It limits the drop-down menus and has no flash animation. A mobile-friendly website will be same as your desktop site but with way fewer features.
Search engines like Google constantly demand the websites to become user-friendly for mobile visitors. A mobile friendly website alone is not the answer, as it will only decrease the user’s interest in your site.
Combining the power of mobile friendliness and responsiveness is the key!
What is Mobile Friendly Responsive Website?
A mobile friendly website that is optimized for mobile users is a far more advanced version of your regular website. Your website will be reformatted and will get unique navigation and images, to make it more user-friendly on every platform.
This will eliminate the disadvantages of a mobile friendly website, where the drop down menus and other functions are limited, and will replace them with new features that will automatically change for every platform.
When responsiveness is included in a website design, the real part of developments come into action. The site becomes flexible for all platforms, and it orients itself seamlessly, depending upon the screen size and platform.
What are the Benefits of Mobile Friendly Website?
There is not doubt that a website that is mobile friendly and responsive has a better chance of surviving the competition, than a basic website that is hard to view on smaller screens. Here are a few of its many benefits:
- The features will become “thumb” friendly and the graphics will be reduced, without disrupting the important information.
- It avoids making users type a keyword, unless absolutely necessary.
- It also gives the option of viewing desktop version – best of both worlds!
- The user experience will be improved, which means you will get more chances to get customers from every platform available in the market.
- Your bounce rate will reduce, as your visitor can surf on your site on any platform.
- The website’s load speed is faster on mobile devices, which will create more interest among your visitors.
- The SEO element of your website will improve by a great number, and you will get more visibility on the web.
Believe it or not the world is changing, and to succeed in your market, you will have to reach to your customers, where they are available the most – mobile devices! Consider changing your website into a more responsive and compatible version, and take every opportunity to convert a lead into a permanent customer.